St Luke's Hospice looks after people in Harrow and Brent whose illnesses are no longer curable. We help and empower them to enjoy the best possible quality of life, knowing their family and carers are supported too. We aim to care for and support people in the place of their choice, whether it is in their own homes, supported by our Hospice at Home and Community Teams, in our Woodgrange Day Centre, or in our In Patient Unit.
We work in partnership with, and provide education and support to GPs, community teams, nursing homes, and other healthcare professionals to ensure the highest levels of care for patients, whatever the setting.
A world where people experience the best possible last phase of life.
We give high quality, compassionate palliative care in the last phase of life to the people of Harrow and Brent.
- Reach more people
- Constantly improve all that we do
- Extend our impact through collaboration, innovation and education
- Be an accountable and sustainable organisation
We will work on our mission in accordance with our values:
- Caring – Care for all those who deliver and need our services
- Respect – Demonstrate respect and be open minded, inclusive and approachable
- Excellence – Create an environment of continually achieving our goals
- Inclusivity – Strive to reach all sections of our community in all areas of our work
- Empowerment – Empower our community to live a better life
Working with the local community
St Luke's was founded by the local communities, and we rely on your support for 75% of our funding. All of our services are provided completely free of charge, and each year thousands of local people support the work of the hospice by making donations, taking part in events, playing the hospice lottery, or shopping or volunteering in our eighteen charity shops. Find out more about how you can get involved.
Reaching more people
Each year we care for hundreds of local people, but there are many more who would benefit from the care and support we provide, and we aim to extend our services to reach even more people in the years to come. You can find out more about our plans for the future in our annual review.
Our Quality Vision
We aspire to make St Luke’s demonstrably the best hospice in the country:
- Learning from patient and carer experiences and other organisations
- Developing and delivering services which make a difference to people
- Measuring not just what each service does but additionally the patient and carer experience which the services jointly deliver
- Creating a culture which encourages and supports our staff and volunteers to flourish and learn , and in so doing continuously develop our services to patients and carers
- Creating an environment where everyone:
- Is encouraged to be constructively curious and questioning
- Feels encouraged and supported to explore ideas and develop improvements
- Doing all this in a way which makes people want to work here