Project Manager- Record My Wishes
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract 15 hours per week
Salary: £32,386-£38,100 FTE pa
Location: HA3 0YG
Closing Date: 31 December 2021 (Interviews on a rolling basis)
St Luke’s Hospice cares for people approaching the end of their life in Harrow and Brent. We aim to give the people we care for the best possible quality of life, each and every day. Supporting local people and their families is at the heart of what we do – focusing on what matters the most to them is at the centre of our care.
The care we give is free of charge, available to all, and respects the cultures, religions and beliefs in our richly diverse community. Our care is given with compassion and dignity and involves not just looking after the patient, but also includes supporting the people closest to them.
We receive around 40% of our funding from the NHS and the rest is raised from the amazing generosity of the organisations and people who make our care possible. Our local community is a vital partner in our care, kindly supporting us through their donations and fundraising alongside the dedication of over 800 incredible volunteers who freely give us their time to support the best possible end of life care for local people.
Job Purpose and scope
As project manager the post holder will be working to support the development of a new Advance Care Planning (ACP) Programme at St Luke’s Hospice, a project being run in collaboration with Compassion in Dying, a national campaigning and training organisation.
St Luke’s Hospice and Compassion in Dying aim to build a 2 year pilot programme to increase utilisation of ACPs in Harrow & Brent, share project learning across North West London and improve practice more widely. Our transformation project will widen access to ACPs beyond those traditionally accessing hospice care to a larger cohort of people who will benefit. This will include care home residents and the frail elderly.
The project aims to run ACP awareness-raising activities in the local community, recruit community volunteers to facilitate practice, and provide a new 1:1 ACP service to support local people to understand the different aspects of ACP, enabling them to choose those relevant to themselves, and record and share their personalised wishes and decisions about treatment and care.
The post holder will be expected to manage the delivery of the project, offering advice and taking decisions in collaboration with the project lead to establish an effective and sustainable service.
The post holder will support the wider organisational vision, values and business objectives ensuring safe working practices are upheld in regards to training and adherence to SLH policies, guidelines and operational procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- To project manage the delivery of ACP project
- To set up and service stakeholder board meetings
- To ensure the development of required project documentation, working with key stakeholders in line with standard methodology
- To identify and take action to secure resources required to deliver assigned work within assigned budget
- Develop, refine, maintain, monitor and manage relevant project plans ensuring progress is tracked, including any anomalies to the plan
- Draw to the attention of the project lead and delays to the plan and together modifying plan accordingly
- To support, manage and coordinate the project to achieve agreed objectives which will include;
- Co-ordinating meetings and management of relevant documentation.
- Facilitating project and stakeholder meetings
- Analyse and present data to assist in the general decision making process
- Produce required reports to show progress on the programme
- To ensure risks and issues are identified and escalated to the project lead alongside recommendations for resolution where possible
- To set up systems for collecting the key performance indicators identified in the preparatory papers and ensure these are monitored and reported on a regular basis
- To advise on project delivery at all levels
- To advise in terms of aligning expectations on project resources and deliverables
- Through coaching and demonstrating leadership behaviour, contribute to the development of the service
- Develop and foster relationships with key contacts in St Luke’s Hospice and the partner organisations and proactively manage these relationships such that colleagues can count on reliable and knowledgeable support and information about the project and other managed activities
- To work with CiD to ensure smooth delivery of the skills training to the volunteers and staff and where required organise appropriate training where required
- To undertake the identification of project interdependencies
- To advise on the effective sequencing of inter-dependent project activities and use excellent interpersonal skills to manage the potentially conflicting views and priorities of stakeholders
Planning and Organising
- To plan and deliver the deployment of these processes and activities
- To be responsible for the processes that ensure the construction, governance and delivery of robust project plans that will deliver successful outcomes for the project
- To write regular project reports, including a final report which will advise on sustaining the successes achieved and building a financial base for the continuation of the project at the end of the 2 year funding
Patient and Client Care
- Contact with patients, clients or the wider public where they may be involved in the co-production of service improvement or redesign work
- Undertakes surveys/audits relating to project and associated programmes.
Service and Policy Development
- To assist in the development of the processes and procedures that support the successful delivery of the project
- To advise, coach and challenge the project lead on the plans and delivery schedules for project
- To promote best practice across the organisation in project management skills and techniques through delivering effective and targeted training as required and appropriate
Information System use and management
- Be a confident and capable user of Microsoft packages to produce relevant reports
- Handle large amounts of raw data and manipulate into simple formats to interpret findings
- Use IT effectively to monitor performance in an area undergoing improvement activity in order to recognise the impact on performance as a result of change activities
Interviews on a rolling basis until suitable candidate is recruited.