Database and Supporter Care Officer
Contract: Permanent Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £23,624 – £27,794
Location: HA3 0YG
Closing Date: 9th December 2021
St Luke’s Hospice – Caring for Harrow and Brent St Luke’s Hospice cares for people approaching the end of their life in Harrow and Brent. We aim to give the people we care for the best possible quality of life, each and every day. Supporting local people and their families is at the heart of what we do – focusing on what matters the most to them is at the centre of our care.
The care we give is free of charge, available to all, and respects the cultures, religions and beliefs in our richly diverse community. Our care is given with compassion and dignity and involves not just looking after the patient, but also includes supporting the people closest to them.
We receive around 40% of our funding from the NHS and the rest is raised from the amazing generosity of the organisations and people who make our care possible. Our local community is a vital partner in our care, kindly supporting us through their donations and fundraising alongside the dedication of over 800 incredible volunteers who freely give us their time to support the best possible end of life care for local people.
Job Purpose and scope
To act as a support to the fundraising team. Your role will include making sure income from various sources is inputted into our fundraising database (Donorflex), and our supporters are thanked in a consistent and timely manner. You will act as the first point of contact for our supporters when they contact the hospice to make a donation or with queries. This role would be ideally suited to someone who wants to progress their career in supporter care and database administration. Support and training will be provided.
The candidate will need:
- To have excellent customer relationship skills to give our supporters the best experience
- To have an understanding of or a desire to work with databases
- To have passion for data and to be highly numerate, organised and analytical
- To be able to work across teams within fundraising and the finance department
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the fundraising team by being the first point of contact to our supporters, via phone, email, post, face to face and through digital channels, dealing with queries and acting as the face of the organisation.
- To thank our supporters by using template letters which you will be responsible for keeping up to date. You will also need to send personalised thanking to our supporters to ensure that they feel loved and valued by St Luke’s Hospice.
- To deliver ongoing stewardship to our supporters. To input to the team on better ways to deliver a supporter journey.
- To support fundraising income processing and reconciliation. This includes donations, event registrations, sponsorship and more. Ensuring that income from various sources is on the bank statements and entered onto Donorflex.
- To edit and set up import routines (for which training will be given) so that data from third parties gets imported into the fundraising database accurately and in a timely manner.
- Management of the supporter journey and stewardship for regular givers.
- Responsibility for running and administration of the St Luke’s lottery, supporting our volunteers who come in to help with our weekly lottery run every Thursday. Ensure excellent stewardship of our players, including thanking, welcoming, and dealing with cancellations.
- To manage the cash donations process, supporting our volunteers who count the cash and ensuring that this is processed in a secure and accurate manner in line with our cash handling procedures.
For full list on duties, please refer to Job Description