Events and Collections volunteer
Location: Various locations in Harrow & Brent
Commitment: Ad hoc
We are looking for volunteers who are able to help St Luke’s at fundraising events and charity collections in the local area. St Luke’s hospice run a varied programme of mass participation, sporting and social events throughout the year and the volunteers who help at these events are invaluable and help improve the success of our events.
You will report to the Event Fundraiser who is responsible for the event and will be expected to carry out the following tasks and duties as requested with support.
- Follow a pre-designed marketing campaign
- Collate text and pictures to upload to various online event website
- Write copy for letters to send to companies asking them to promote the Proms
- Co-ordinate mailings via use of Mail Merge
- Identify case studies for press release and write copy
- Physically place posters and banners within prescribed areas (desirable)
What are we looking for?
- Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to write convincing, engaging copy
- Able to operate mail merge
- Basic computer skills
- Some experience in marketing (desirable)
- Able to commit to the times specified
- Has use of own car and driving licence (desirable)
What can you get in return?
- Experience and developing skills in the charity sector (valuable on CV)
- Reward and fulfilment from raising money for the Hospice (all services we provide to our patients and their families are free of charge)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (capped)
Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering with us.
To apply: Please click on the Apply Now button below or call Emma on 020 8382 8023.