St Luke’s Hospice Ambassador
Are you friendly, outgoing and confident? Then apply to join our Fundraising Team as a volunteer and make a difference to people in your local community. This is a brand new, exciting and rewarding opportunity to join us as an Ambassador raising funds, awareness and support for the St Luke’s Hospice (Harrow and Brent). Ambassadors will represent St Luke’s Hospice in the local community by speaking at events and functions, about the incredible care provided by St Luke’s Hospice, and attending cheque presentations. Excellent Ambassadors can be the difference between whether an organisation chooses to support us financial or not!
Volunteering is a great way to: meet new people; gain confidence; make a difference to individuals, communities and society; be part of another community and develop yourself personally by learning new skills.
This is a flexible role – ideally we would ask that you give a few hours monthly or more if you have time.
- Be the face of St Luke’s Hospice for local events and cheque presentations
- Raise awareness of the charity and its services at these events
- Raise awareness about how individuals and organisations can raise funds for us at these events
- Be a friendly, knowledgeable ambassador for St Luke’s Hospice
- Distribute St Luke’s Hospice materials at these events where appropriate
- Obtain photos of events and permissions for marketing communications
- Feedback to the Community Fundraiser
Personal Qualities Needed:
- Cheerful and friendly personality
- Confidence in presenting and communicating with the general public
- Ability to work independently
- IT Skills (for delivering presentations)
- Ability to travel within the local community
- Personal experience of our services whilst not essential would be beneficial
- Introduction to St Luke’s Hospice and its Services
- Professional Boundaries & Risk Awareness
- Diversity & Inclusion
What You Get Out Of It:
- Reward and fulfilment from raising the profile of the Hospice and its services
- Gain communication / networking skills and work experience
- Have fun and meet new people
- Regular e-newsletter
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (capped)
To Apply for this Role
For more information on this role, please contact Tracy on 020 8382 8023, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.