Have you considered making a Will, writing a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or setting up a Funeral Plan?
We're here to help.
In 2019 only 35% of adults said they had made a Will and only 30% had let somebody know their funeral wishes. This meant nearly 1 in 3 people died intestate (without making a Will), and the government benefited from many unclaimed estates.
Come along to the Hospice and attend one of our free seminars
presented by local experts to find out more about:
1. The importance of making a Will.
A Will is often the most important document that you will ever write. It is likely to be the piece of paper that has the most influence on the way your affairs are handled after your death.
2. What is a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)?
Do you need one? A lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal document that lets you appoint one or more people to help you make decisions or to make decisions on your behalf.
3. How to ensure your funeral plans are known, and secure the costs in advance?
Protect your family from rising funeral costs with guaranteed funeral cover.
£4271 - Average cost of a funeral in the UK
What people say
“After I attended the seminars in 2018 at St Luke’s, I set about making my Will and Powers of Attorney. This has given me peace of mind and my children will not have to worry about the cost involved or what arrangements I would like.
Now, as a family, we don’t need to worry about talking about the inevitable.” - Diane Owen, St Luke’s Supporter
How does it work
Local solicitors, will writers and funeral directors have offered to make a donation to St Luke’s Hospice, if you plan for the future with them by writing a basic standard Will, Lasting Power of Attorney or setting up a Funeral Plan. To take part, simply:
• Join us at a free seminar (optional)
[Click here to know more about the free seminars and the schedule.]
• Contact one of the participating firms to discuss how they can help you as part of the ‘Secure The Future’ scheme with St Luke’s Hospice. They will let you know of any fees involved.
• The firm will charge you their fees but at no extra cost to you, the firm will then make a donation to St Luke’s Hospice. This gift ensures local people near the end of their lives continue to get the best possible expert care.
• If you go ahead and ask them to act on your behalf, please let us know.
If you write a Will, LPA or Funeral Plan as a result of the St Luke’s ‘Secure the Future’ scheme you can ensure those you care about are looked after and the hospice would also benefit at no extra cost to you.
During August and September local firms have kindly offered to present the seminars free for the benefit of our supporters.
Click here to find out more about the seminars and the schedule.
If you decide to kindly leave a gift in your Will to the Hospice please let us know, as we would love to invite you to exclusive events and keep you updated with our news.
Please contact Zahra Wahab on 020 8382 8097 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org