What personal information we collect
Personal information is anything that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone number, as well as information relating to your health or personal circumstances.We collect personal data from you when you ask us to send you publications or newsletters, order products and services from us, make a donation to us, fundraise on our behalf, or otherwise give us personal information, or when a friend or colleague suggests that we send you details about the hospice or an invitation to one of our events.
How we use your information
- We use your data for internal administrative purposes (for example to send you thank you letters, event tickets, remind you when your lottery subscription is due, and to send you the St Luke’s newsletter)
- We will use your information to claim Gift Aid (when you have signed a Gift Aid declaration)
- We use your personal information to make sure that we send you the information which will match your personal interests (for example to send you information about the social or sporting events, campaigns, volunteering and fundraising which may match your interests).
- You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org calling us on 0208 382 8030, or writing to our Data Services Manager at the address above.
- We use your personal information look into, and respond to any queries or complaints that you may have.
- We may also use your personal data for other purposes which we specifically tell you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
We will never sell your details to, or share them with any other organisations
Where we use the services of other organisations to administer or process transactions on our behalf (for example banks who process direct debits or mailing houses who post out our newsletter, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.)
How we make sure that your information is accurate and complete
Once a year we check your data against publically available sources (Royal Mail, Experian, Equifax records and records of deaths) to make sure that is correct and complete and to eliminate any errors (for example errors due to handwriting on a form being misread, incomplete or missing postcodes or telephone numbers, changes of address or telephone number).
Our newsletter contains a slip which you can use to tell us about any errors in, or changes to your name and address, or to tell us that you no longer wish to receive our publications. You can let us know about any changes or corrections by emailing email@example.com, calling us on 0208 382 8030, or writing to our Data Services Manager at the address above.
We may also collect information about you from other sources which will help us to provide you with information about topics which may be of interest. (For example we may look at events that you have taken part in, sporting interests, and information from trade directories and public records to create a profile of your interests and preferences). We will also use the Mosaic Postcode Classification System to target communications appropriately.
For more detail about data privacy on the St Luke’s Hospice website please go to http://www.stlukes-hospice.org/cookie-policy page. This page also includes instructions on how to disable cookies if you don’t want them to be used.
If you're 16 or under
If you're aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you donate to, purchase items from, or provide any personal information to St Luke’s.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You can request access to any information we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do let us know if your name, address or any of your details change
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated in February 2017.