Our legacy promises to you
When you leave a gift in your Will to St Luke’s Hospice we:
- Promise to use your gift wisely
- If you wish your gift to be used in a particular way – we can arrange that
- Recognise that those closest to you come first
- Understand that you might have to change your mind due to a change in personal circumstances
- Will never put pressure on you to leave a gift in your Will
- Will treat you and your next of kin sensitively and with respect and gratitude
Our Legacy Charter to Executors – family and professional
We understand that the loss of a relative is truly difficult and a sad time and we promise to deal with their gift in a sensitive manner.
We are keen to say thank you to next of kin for such gifts – each gift helps us make a wonderful difference to the end of life care we provide. Should any family member want to visit us we would relish the opportunity to say thank you personally.
We will not put any pressure on any family members who are executors to release assets or money in the Will in an untimely manner.
We hope all Executors realise, under charity law, that our trustees have an obligation to receive the gift and to request that valuations of larger assets such as property etc. included in a residuary (% share) gift are independently valued prior to sale. We will always strive to fulfil our charitable obligations as beneficiaries reasonably and sensitively.
If any executor, or family member, wants more information about our work we will send it promptly.
For more information, please contact the legacy team on 020 8382 8000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org