Many people prefer to be in the comfort of their own home when they’re ill. But for various reasons, whether you have just come out of hospital or your condition has changed, you might not yet be able to get the care you need at home.
We provide short-term support through our Hospice at Home service. It will help you feel more comfortable, safe and confident at home before your local authority can arrange a longer-term care package.
How our short-term care can help you
Our experienced team of registered nurses, healthcare assistants and volunteers are used to caring for people in their own homes. They are not intrusive and most importantly, they will listen to what you want.
For up to 14 days, they can help with:
- Urgent care in last days of life in your own home.
- Supporting you at home so that you can avoid unnecessary admission to hospital.
- Tailored visits to meet your needs to provide a wash/shower, repositioning, and prompt medications up to 4 times a day.
- Night care when available
- Respite Care to give your carer a short break.
- Prompting you to take prescribed medications.
- Emotional and psychological support for you and your family.
How to access Hospice at Home care
To receive our short-term support at home, you, or a friend or family member, will need to be registered with a GP in Brent or Harrow. You will also need a referral from a healthcare professional, GP, district nurse, clinical nurse specialist or social worker.
To find out more, or if you have any questions about our Hospice at Home service, please call 0208 382 8020.