You would be providing a qualified complementary therapy service, whilst maintaining the dignity and integrity of St Luke’s Hospice and honouring confidential information.
The service is currently held on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and Friday. The ideal candidate would be available for 4 hours a week.
Complementary Therapy Lead
To work as part of the complementary therapy team in delivering high quality, holistic care to the patients of St Luke’s and their carers, across all areas of care provision.
• Ensuring that the treatment room is adequately heated and preparing the couch/chair and towels ready for use
• To be committed to delivering high quality holistic are within the context of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) and liaising with the members of MDT
• Work as part of the Complementary Therapy Team and attend regular peer support team meeting
• Keep up to date with developments in palliative care and complementary therapy and share learning and ideas
• Keep concise and accurate records of all interventions in line with St Luke’s record keeping procedures
• Ensure efficient supply and safe storage of complementary resources
• Act in accordance with the Complementary Therapy Policy and all procedures and protocols relating to complementary therapy
• Level 3 qualification equivalent in Complementary Therapy
• Competent in IT skills
• Up to 2 years experience within the field
• Personal indemnity insurance for an adequate amount
Training provided includes:
The Complementary Therapy team will provide you with support and guidance throughout your training and thereafter.
You will also be provided with the following training:-
• Understanding Palliative Care & Loss
• Professional Boundaries & Risk Awareness
• Infection Prevention
• Diversity & Inclusion
You will need to be aged 18 and over and will be subject to a DBS check and reference checking. You will be given a comprehensive induction with training provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering.
You will need to ensure your personal professional indemnity insurance is current and for an adequate amount.