As little as one hour per week up to around 4/5 hours per week
Volunteer Drivers are key in ensuring that patients access the services they vitally need here at the Hospice.
- Picking patients up from their homes and bringing them to the Hospice to access Day Care services (please note patients who use this service are capable of getting in and out of vehicles).
- Planning routes to the patient’s homes and to the Hospice prior to picking the patient up.
- Occasionally taking samples to the local hospitals
What are we looking for?
- Friendly, willing and helpful individuals
- Drivers with a full driving license
- Must have your own fully insured car (you will need to inform your insurance company that you are using your vehicle to volunteer, however this should not increase the cost of your insurance)
Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering with us.Travel expenses will be reimbursed