Each shift is typically 4 hours, one shift per month minimum, season dependant
The wonderful gardens at the hospice create a calm and restful area for patients and their visitors to relax in during their time here. We’re in need of green-fingered individuals to help maintain our outdoor spaces.
- Preparing ground for planting and fertilising
- Planting bedding plants and preparing tubs
- Cutting the lawn
- Pruning shrubs and caring for flowers
- Clearing paths and patio areas
- Care and maintenance of garden tools
- Maintenance of garden shed, fences, pergolas and benches
- Maintenance of front of house paths and car park
What are we looking for?
- Friendly, willing and helpful individuals
- Flexible to complete a number of tasks
- Ability to take direction from the Head Gardener
- Knowledge of horticulture is desirable but not essential
Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering with us.