We are looking for someone for around 4 hours per week, on any day between Monday to Saturday that suits you, any time between 9am to 5pm. Flexibility to attend events would be great too.
The St Luke’s Lottery gives players the chance to win one of 15 prizes each week, with a jackpot of £1000. The lottery is an important regular income stream for the hospice, raising over £135,000 for the Hospice in 2013. The role of the Volunteer Lottery Canvasser will be to help increase lottery ticket sales in our shops on a weekly basis and to promote the lottery at St Luke’s events.
- Raising awareness of the St Luke’s Hospice Lottery and encourage more people to support us, either by buying a ticket or setting up a subscription.
- Travelling around to St Luke’s Hospice shops, located around Harrow and Brent to help promote the lottery
- Attending local events to sign people up or sell tickets
- Assisting donors with completing lottery subscription forms or purchasing tickets
What are we looking for?
- Someone who can be a great Ambassador for St Luke’s Hospice
- Confidence, enthusiasm, good customer service skills
- Good persuasion skills to encourage people to sign people up
- A knowledge of St Luke’s Hospice including the services we offer would be advantageous, however we can offer training in this.
- Your own transport to be able to travel to the various locations (travel costs will be covered)
Full training and ongoing support will be provided by the Lotteries & Legacies Officer and the Fundraising team.