Receptionists - Evening & Weekend only
Each shift is typically 4 hours, minimum of one shift per 2 weeks
You will be responsible to the Support Services Team Leader and will be carrying out the following tasks and duties.
- Meeting and greeting all visitors to the Hospice with warmth, courtesy and efficiency
- Notifying nursing staff that a patient/visitor has arrived and that they are ready to receive them
Escorting the patient/visitor to the appropriate unit is required
- Ensuring that any other queries are dealt with by the appropriate member of staff
- Providing refreshments for those waiting in Reception
- Finding a place of privacy for those distressed
- Receiving and sorting post
- Switchboard management
- Maintaining a written “message book” system for other receptionists
- Replenishing water in floral displays in the Reception area
- Maintaining sufficient stationery stock for Reception use
- Dealing with lottery draw tickets
- Dealing with incoming donations
- Ensuring that the Reception area is neat and tidy at all times
What are we looking for?
- Friendly, willing and helpful individuals
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous Admin, Customer Service or Reception experience is desired but not essential
Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering with us. There are Reception Guidelines for use by all receptionists covering any issues you may encounter.