Shop Volunteer - Stanmore
St Luke's Hospice Shop , 5 Church Road, Stanmore HA7 4AR
We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to 3-4 hours on the following days and times. Of course we would really appreciate regular days but we can be flexible if you can only do once a fortnight or need to change days.
Serving customer at the till
Saturday Mornings or afternoons
Monday Mornings or afternoons
Thursday Mornings or afternoons
• To take payments from customers using the computer based till. This till requires basic computer skills and is the main aspect of this vacancy.
• Donation sorting
Other tasks may include.....
• To price donated items under the guidance of the Manager or Assistant Manager
• To assist with the general housekeeping of the shop and staff areas
• To promote sales of the Hospice lottery tickets
• To ensure that the shop is tidy and presentable throughout the shift
• To provide a courteous and helpful service to the customers
• To support with the training of new volunteers (once you are fully trained)
• To bring to the attention of the Manager any concerns which may affect the safe
and successful running of the shop
What are we looking for?
• Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic numeracy skills and computer is essential for this role ( till only)
• Excellent customer service skills
What can you get in return?
• Experience and developing skills in retail and customer service
• Reward and fulfilment from raising money for the Hospice (all services we provide to our patients and their families are free of charge)
• Reimbursement of travel expenses
Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering with us.