Shop Volunteer - Hatch End
St Luke's Hospice Shop WHatch End
Each shift is 4 hours, while we would love you to offer this each week, a shift every other week would help.
You will be responsible to the Manager or Assistant Manager and will be carrying out the following tasks and duties.
• To assist in the preparation of donated goods for the shop floor
• To help raise funds for the hospice by assisting in the sales of donated goods
• To price donated items under the guidance of the Manager or Assistant Manager
• To assist with the general housekeeping of the shop and staff areas
• To promote sales of the Hospice lottery tickets
• To ensure that the shop is tidy and presentable throughout the shift
• To provide a courteous and helpful service to the customers
• To support with the training of new volunteers (once you are fully trained)
• To bring to the attention of the Manager any concerns which may affect the safe
and successful running of the shop
What are we looking for?
• Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic numeracy skills is essential for those wishing to be working on a till
• Previous experience in retail is desired but not essential
What can you get in return?
• Experience and developing skills in retail and customer service (valuable on CV)
• Reward and fulfilment from raising money for the Hospice (all services we provide to our patients and their families are free of charge)
• Reimbursement of travel expenses (capped)