This service currently runs on Wednesdays and Fridays
Morning session 10.45am – 12.15pm
Afternoon session 1.00pm – 3.00pm
We ask that you are able to attend at least one session per week.
We offer our patients a wide range of activities, including pet therapy, arts and crafts, board games and quizzes.
The Activities Volunteer would work with patients, the nursing team and other volunteers to develop a programme of activities for the patients to join in with.
Duties included are
- Help to set up activities
- To carry out certain activities such as quizzes alongside the Woodgrange Centre team
- To assist specialists in delivering their activity
- To clear up after an activity with the assistance of the team
- To gather feedback from patients and the team as to how well an activity has gone and ensure it is taken into account in the planning of future activities
- To ensure you work as part of the team and communicate effectively with all involved at the Woodgrange Centre
- Good organisational skills
- Committed and reliable
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be creative and not mind getting messy
- Warm and friendly personality
- Sensitive to needs of patients
- Be able to muck in and help in other areas eg:- servings teas and coffees to patient
- Able to attend all mandatory training required
You will be subject to a DBS check and reference checking. Training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering.