Location: St Luke’s Hospice, Kenton
Various Shifts Available: Monday – Friday 8am-1pm & 1pm-6pm Saturday & Sunday 10am-2pm & 2pm-6pm
Do you like meeting people or have call handling experience? We need people to join our team of friendly Volunteers to offer a warm welcome to visitors and callers to the Hospice.
Each volunteer shift on Reception is typically 5 hours and we ask for a commitment of a minimum of one shift every 2 weeks.
Previous Admin, Customer Service or Reception experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided – all you need is a friendly, willing and helpful attitude.
Please note this is an unpaid volunteer role.
- Meeting and greeting all visitors to the Hospice with warmth, courtesy and efficiency
- Notifying nursing staff that a patient/visitor has arrived and that they are ready to receive them
- Escorting the patient/visitor to the appropriate unit is required
- Ensuring that any other queries are dealt with by the appropriate member of staff
- Providing refreshments for those waiting in Reception Finding a place of privacy for those distressed
- Receiving and sorting post Switchboard management maintaining a “message book” system for other receptionists
- Replenishing water in floral displays in the Reception area
- Maintaining sufficient stationery stock for Reception use
- Dealing with lottery draw tickets
- Dealing with incoming donations
- Ensuring that the Reception area is neat and tidy at all times
What we are looking for:
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to gain experience, develop skills or put your existing skills to use
- The chance to work with a friendly team and make new friends
- Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
- The sense of fulfilment from helping to support St Luke’s Hospice
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses (capped)
If you want to join the team, or would like more information or a chat about the role, apply today and one of the Volunteer Team will contact you directly to discuss.