Location: Opportunity is across the 18 shops.
Commitment: Each shift is 4 hours, while we would love you to offer this each week, a shift every other week would help.
You will be responsible to the Manager or Assistant Manager and will be carrying out the following tasks and duties.
- To assist in the preparation of donated goods for the shop floor
- To help raise funds for the hospice by assisting in the sales of donated goods
- To price donated items under the guidance of the Manager or Assistant Manager
- To assist with the general housekeeping of the shop and staff areas
- To promote sales of the Hospice lottery tickets
- To ensure that the shop is tidy and presentable throughout the shift
- To provide a courteous and helpful service to the customers
- To support with the training of new volunteers (once you are fully trained)
- To bring to the attention of the Manager any concerns which may affect the safe and successful running of the shop
What are we looking for?
- Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic numeracy skills is essential for those wishing to be working on a till
- Previous experience in retail is desired but not essential
What can you get in return?
- Experience and developing skills in retail and customer service (valuable on CV)
- Reward and fulfilment from raising money for the Hospice (all services we provide to our patients and their families are free of charge)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (capped)
Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering with us. There are also opportunities to participate in additional training such as our Volunteer Acting Manager Programme.
To apply: Please complete an application form by clicking the Apply Now button or visit our shops or the Hospice to get a paper copy.