Stamps Sorting Volunteer
Location: St Luke’s Hospice, Kenton Grange, Kenton Road, Harrow, HA3 0YG
Commitment: The team gathers usually once a week for about 4 hours to carry out weekly tasks, and there are three different roles that you can choose from, however, you are welcome to take more than one role:
- Sorting stamps into categories
- Soaking stamps and preparing them to be in sellable conditions (can be done remotely)
- Making bags/books of stamps and pricing
You will be responsible to the Operations Manager in Retail Team and will be carrying out the following tasks and duties.
For sorting stamps
- Going through donated stamps and organising them into each category
- Supporting team co-ordinator to carry out other relevant tasks
For soaking and preparing stamps
- Taking stamps home and soaking them to remove from the envelopes
- Drying the stamps and bring them back in
For making bags/books of stamps and pricing
- Carefully organising special stamps on to sheets accordingly and pricing them with a guidance
- Bagging general stamps
What are we looking for?
- Willing, friendly and able to work as part of a team
- Interest in stamps would be beneficial but if you do not have a clue but have the enthusiasm, we can help you to learn about different stamps
What can you get in return?
- Knowledge on UK and international stamps
- Reward and fulfilment from raising money for the Hospice (all services we provide to our patients and their families are free of charge)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (capped)