Street Collections Volunteer
Location: Various locations in Harrow & Brent
Are you friendly, outgoing and confident? Then apply to join our Fundraising Team as a volunteer and make a difference to people in your local community. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to join our Street Collection Team raising funds, awareness and support for the St Luke’s Hospice (Harrow and Brent).
On average, each street collection can raise £880 for St Luke’s Hospice. This could fund 8 St Luke’s nurses to give 4 hours of specialist care in our inpatient unit and 8 specially designed books to help children cope with the difficulties of having a parent approaching the end of their life. With your support we could grow this income, collection by collection.
In addition, volunteering is a great way to: meet new people; gain confidence; make a difference to individuals, communities and society; be part of another community and develop yourself personally by learning new skills.
This is a flexible role – ideally we would ask that you commit to 2 hours per collection you volunteer for, which could be once a month or more if you have time.
- Liaise with the Street Collection Team Coordinator
- Collect funds on behalf of St Luke’s Hospice at various local shops in Harrow and Brent and Wembley Arena (where volunteers can get to see shows for free after collecting)
- Be a friendly, knowledgeable ambassador for St Luke’s Hospice
- Engage with the general public at Street Collections
- Distribute St Luke’s Hospice materials where appropriate
- Feedback to the Street Collection Team Coordinator
Personal Qualities Needed:
- Cheerful and friendly personality
- Confidence in communicating with the general public
- Ability to work under guidance and as part of a team
- Ability to travel within the local community
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Introduction to St Luke’s Hospice and its Services
- Street Collection Training
- Professional Boundaries & Risk Awareness
- Diversity & Inclusion
What You Get Out Of It:
- Reward and fulfilment from raising essential money for the Hospice and its services
- Gain fundraising skills and work experience
- Have fun and meet new people
- Regular e-newsletter
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (capped)
To Apply for this Role
For more information on this role, please contact Tracy on 020 8382 8023, or contact email@example.com.