Commitment: Each shift is typically 4 hours, Hours can vary depend on what suits you from a few hours a week to one or two mornings or more if you want.
The gardening team do a variety of tasks from weeding, planting, mowing, watering, light pruning, major pruning of hedges and large shrubs, tidying the grounds, carpentry tasks, cutting back small trees and planning for the following season. We are looking for new volunteers to join us and all we ask is that you love being in the garden.
- Preparing ground for planning and fertilizing
- Planting bedding plants and preparing tubs
- Cutting the lawn
- Pruning shrubs and caring for flowers
- Clearing paths and patio areas
- Care and maintenance of garden tools
- Maintenance of garden shed, fences, pergolas and benches
- Maintenance of front of house plants and car park
What are we looking for:
- Friendly, willing and helpful individuals
- Flexible to complete a number of tasks
- Ability to take direction from the Head Gardener
- Knowledge of horticulture is desirable but not essential
- Full training will be provided and support offered throughout your time with us.