PA to Medical Team
Contract: Permanent contract 20 hours per week
Salary: £18,293.58 per annum
Location: HA3 0YG
Closing Date: 3rd November 2023
St Luke’s Hospice – Caring for Harrow and Brent St Luke’s Hospice cares for people approaching the end of their life in Harrow and Brent. We aim to give the people we care for the best possible quality of life, each and every day. Supporting local people and their families is at the heart of what we do – focusing on what matters the most to them is at the centre of our care.
The care we give is free of charge, available to all, and respects the cultures, religions, and beliefs in our richly diverse community. Our care is given with compassion and dignity and involves not just looking after the patient, but also includes supporting the people closest to them.
We receive around 40% of our funding from the NHS and the rest is raised from the amazing generosity of the organisations and people who make our care possible. Our local community is a vital partner in our care, kindly supporting us through their donations and fundraising alongside the dedication of over 800 incredible volunteers who freely give us their time to support the best possible end-of-life care for local people.
Job Purpose and scope
To provide high-quality administrative and organisational support to assist the Medical Director, consultants, and medical team in achieving the Hospice’s overall strategic objectives and operational plans.
PA Support to the Medical Director
- Maintain and manage the consultants’ diaries
- Coordinate and manage the Medical Directors actions, working to deadlines
- Write minutes or action notes of meetings as required
- Ensure that effective and efficient systems and processes are in place and accurately maintained to support the Medical team.
- Deal appropriately and sensitively with enquirers and visitors, including patients, relatives, and carers, adhering to Hospice policy on confidentiality at all times
- Complete and return to LNWHUT consultant attendance sheets
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Book outpatient appointments and home visits for the consultants and complete the appropriate paperwork, and communication to support appointments
- To liaise with community and admin staff to ensure all arrangements are clear and documentation available prior to any home visit.
- Supporting the Medical Director and Consultant team to manage rotas and record the annual leave, study leave, and sickness absence of the Medical team
- Complete returns for junior doctors to lead employing organisations as needed
- Support members of the Medical team with diary management as required.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of stationary required by the medical team e.g. prescription pads, and that a system for governance of the FP10s is maintained.
- Be proficient and trained to the level of superuser on the Electronic Patient Record (currently iCare)
- Scan in patient letters received and update information on iCare
- Updating, maintaining, and sharing the Medical on-call rota and processing invoices for external doctors on the rota.
- To provide the necessary administration support for all doctors
- To maintain an efficient notes, administrative, and electronic filing system.
- To support correspondence – which may require dictations and/or audio type when needed.
- Store and distribute key documents (e.g. Medical Examiner Rota)
- To liaise with nursing, fundraising, and finance departments as needed
- To arrange/support meetings as required by the medical team
- Setting up an Induction and logins to hospice emails for all new Doctors
- Providing ad hoc cover for clinical administrators
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process.
St Luke’s Hospice are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from groups who are currently under-represented in our staff.
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.