St Luke’s Hospice is extremely grateful for and proud of the tremendous support we receive from Charitable Trusts, Foundations and grant-giving funds of all sizes.
This support enables us to fund new projects and contributes towards our essential core running costs which means we can continue providing free end of life care of the highest quality to people in Harrow and Brent.
It is only through the generosity of our Trust and Foundation funders that we have been able to bring important innovative improvements in palliative care to our local community for over 30 years.
Trusts can choose to fund a particular project, a specific service or you can allow us to allocate your grant where we know it will have the most impact.
Recent projects generously funded include:
Our Wellbeing Service, which
- Enables all those affected by a life-limiting illness to feel supported to live as well as possible through all stages of their illness
- Gives patients access to support for physical, emotional and social wellbeing, giving them the tools to make positive choices about their care
- Reduces patients’ and carers’ social isolation
- Enables patients to remain independent and mobile at home and avoid A&E admissions.
The St Luke’s Care Navigator role, which improves the patient experience by ensuring the right patient is referred into the correct Hospice service at the right time. This joint collaboration with local healthcare professionals enables the provision of expert palliative care when and where it is most needed.
Our Multi-faith Room (with associated washing facilities) to better support our local richly diverse community.
Specialist equipment for out Inpatient Unit such as syringe pumps and pressure relief mattresses.
Trusts and foundations can continue support our work by funding the following projects:
- Visits by Community Doctors to patients in their homes to relieve pain and other symptoms
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation sessions to improve symptom control, balance and mobility
- Nursing Shifts in our Inpatient Unit, providing person-centred end of life care, helping to manage patients’ pain, ensuring all their needs are met and providing support to their families and carers when it is needed most
- St Luke’s Pall 24 Advice Line service which provides vital information on symptom control, supports London Ambulance Service and reduces unnecessary A&E admissions
Testimonials from our grant making partners include:
St Luke’s Hospice has impressively risen to the challenges caused by Covid-19 and are right there on the frontline of service provision. St Luke’s provides a very important service for the community that is now needed more than ever during this difficult timeNational Lottery Community Fund
St. Luke’s Hospice offers a vital network of compassionate support in Harrow & Brent, so we’re delighted to help the Hospice to continue providing their range of invaluable servicesDi Briggs, Chair, Maximus Foundation UK
Demonstrating and Measuring Impact
We want to show you the impact you’ve made to the lives of our patients. We will send you regular updates so you can see directly how your grant has made a difference.
You can read more about our work and its impact here: https://www.stlukes-hospice.org/about-us/annual-review
If you are a Trustee or have links with a Trust/Foundation and would like to find out more about our work please contact Amanda Ziegler our Trusts and Foundation Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 382 8022